Monday, September 8, 2008

New Start

Today was an interesting day, it definitely had it's frustrating moments.
I begun the day with a new routine! Of this I am excited about. I have begun to watch my friend's twins. Ashley and Aiden, who are very close to turning 2 years old. It is part time, and about 3 days a week for a few hours. I'm very excited about this, and am happy that I am able to bring in some disposable income for my family so that my friends, husband, son and I can have some fun exploring Central California!
After coming home I fed Christopher lunch, then he fell asleep drinking his bottle and I put him in his crib. It only lasted 10 minutes before he was freaking out crying. He was literally shaking, and had a look of terror on his face. I don't know what happened, but he's never done that before when I've put him down to go to sleep. I picked him up and it took a minute before he calmed down, but when he did he was up. . . I waited for a while and put him back to bed when Pastor Carl arrived to watch football. I'm not sure how long he slept because I forgot to turn on the baby monitor. I went in there to check on him, he was awake, face beat red from crying, tears soaking his cheeks, and look like he was hysterical. That made me feel terrible. I brought him out and after an hour of a fussy boy, a quick sugary snack brought him back to the laughing baby walking all over the apartment holding toys. It was hilarious, now that he can walk, he walks from one end of the apartment and back, again and again. That to him is the funnest game. He's in bed now sleeping in his crib, not crying, and I don't think that anything really happened in the crib, maybe he just let out one more VERY STRONG attempt to not sleep in the crib. Unfortunately I can't give in like that, I'll just hope that he never does that again.
It's off to bed for me, I'm exhausted and I need to wake up early tomorrow morning to watch the twins again! YAY!!! (No seriously, I'm actually excited.)

0 comments: