Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch! It was a lot of fun, and we have decided we are going to go again just because we weren't able to do everything we wanted. We went through a hay maze, (which is not for people who dread small tight spaces) we fed the animals, we picked out pumpkins, and we took lots of pictures! I'll work on uploading some.
We are going to go again Monday afternoon. We want to be able to do the hay ride. I know that Christopher will really enjoy that.

Right now I am working on getting Christopher to sleep through the night. He is done breast feeding now. Which is nice because I was really starting to get sore. I'm looking forward to having my body back to myself for a while. Last night was the first night that I didn't let him drink during the night. It was NOT a restful night. I'm hoping that within the next 2 weeks he starts to sleep through the night. I go in when he is upset give him a kiss on the head if I can reach him (I don't pick him up) lay him back down, pat his back and leave. It's just to let him know that I am there, but that he needs to go back to sleep on his own. Unfortunately I can not continue to rock him back to sleep, nurse him back to sleep, or let him sleep with me.
We are going to push this one step forward. No more taking naps with mama. Which is really sad because I LOVE napping with him! But otherwise no one is ever going to be able to watch him if I don't do something about this now. It was fine when he was just an infant, but now that he is progressing into becoming a toddler, I'm going to need my own freedom, and so is he.

0 comments: