Friday, September 18, 2009

2nd Trimester

We made it back to Minnesota safe and sound. After being here for 7 weeks we realize how much we love and miss the central coast of California. My only complaint about it, was that because we never really had a winter, it never felt like Christmas came. However the weather was wonderful, and the town felt like home. I made some amazing friends. David and I both depressed now that we are back in Minnesota. Most of our friends aren't here, and we each only have 2 or maybe 3 people that we still communicate with. However our lives are so drastically different from theirs now that coming up with a time to hang out, or even someplace to go together is proving extremely challenging. It's resulted in David going to and from classes, working out and running and playing soccer and then home. . . nothing else. Christopher and I play with toys in the apartment all day, take a nap together, eat our meals and occasionally every few days make the venture down from our 4th floor to the play ground.
Truth be told, we don't want to be here :(
On Sunday I start my 2nd trimester, and the scary part of possible miscarriage with this child should be in the clear. My belly is slowly and steadily getting a little bit larger, and occasionally you can tell that I'm pregnant, sometimes I'm just bloated or fat looking though. Hahaha Joys!
Christopher has been sick for the last 10 days or so which is becoming frustrating and we are still waiting for a solid poop from him. He's back to going through diapers like crazy. One LARGE box of diapers, is lasting a week, pushing the diaper budget up to $80-$90 a month. . . that's WAY more than it has ever been. He's just going through them like crazy. Thinking about it, I don't think it would be easier if he was potty trained because it would be every 15 minutes he would have to go to the bathroom which would make trying to get things done in the day difficult. Oh let's be honest, I haven't done anything in the house recently. I still need to put up the shelf in the computer room, and the kitchen is back to being a mess because I don't feel like washing dishes. New investment, paper plates. . .

0 comments: